March 21, 2013

Entry Way and Office

 More pictures of my attempt at creating a beautiful, comfortable, calm and happy home.

 Entry Way
Painted the ceiling from tan to white and the walls from tan to Behr's Gray Matter. We changed the light fixture to this onyx stone light from Lowes. It warmed up the area and our preference is to use things drawn from the earth to decorate. The Creator got it right, so why not bring it inside to enjoy.



A peek into the office. Eventually I would like something on the far wall next to the front door. I haven't found just the right object at just the right size yet. And, maybe, a rug if the beauty outweighs the cleaning factor.


Office
We replaced the carpet with Martha Stewart berber carpet from Home Depot. Painted the ceiling from dark brown to white and the walls from dark brown to Benjamin Moore's Historical Color Van Duesen Blue. I made the curtains with fabric from Joanne's that I got 6.5 yards for $35.71. I only used 6 yards. = ecstatic about the price and the end product. The recliner is my Father's from 1986. The fabric is getting worn, so we bought this cover from BB&B to extend the life of the chair. The medallion and light fixture are from Home Depot. This is the light fixture that I burned my cornea's on while adjusting the shades. They still are bothering me in bright enough light. We bought less bright bulbs and learned the lesson of waiting til daylight to adjust the shades. The curtain rods are also from BB&B. The store out here is amazing with customer service. They allow you to use one coupon per item you buy, all in the same transaction. To our delight my momma sent us 20 coupons that she's been saving up over the years! The lamp is from our living room set we bought at Furniture Row; the magnifying glass from World Market, the plant Walmart and the vase from the flowers my Aunt Susie sent for my birthday this year. The table is from Tuesday Morning, a Christmas present from my momma years ago. And the pillow from Pier One 5 years ago.

The picture is from Pier One another Christmas present from my generous momma. The globe is Brandon's from my momma -- again Christmas present. The jack is from a store called Echelon here. The plant Walmart and vase Fred Meyer. The plants are air cleaners. The house was so dirty and smelly, I'm hoping it cleans up the air a bit. Desk Target 6 years ago. I still haven't put up the little shelves in it.



Entry way bench is from JCP online & mirror from Lowes all 3 years ago. I need to find a Spring/Summer pillow to grace the bench. The truck one is from Eddie Bauer 3 years ago when they sent us the wrong package and told us to keep it. 




Piano was a cheap rental that we ended up buying when the store stopped their rental service. The room partition is from RC Willey 7 years ago with all our Africa pictures to remind of us to be grateful for the life we have, a reminder of the life we don't have as missionaries and desire for them to having a saving knowledge of Jesus. The pictures of trees are from a calendar that Holly Cozby Roy gave me 6 years ago because she knew I would love the nature woodland  pictures. We took the blinds off the window above the piano. We never closed them and I'm still debated whether to take the blinds off the window facing out front and using the curtains to cover the windows at night.

The closet is full of shelves and contains Brandon's seminary books. There are so many there are multiple rows and stacks on the shelves. But I'm glad to have a place for them that is not in a box and out of the way.

So that's our entry way and office and how the rooms came together. Originally I wanted the room to be more masculine and have a nautical feel. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for with decorations so it evolved into this. 

2 comments: