June 21, 2013

Our Hodge Podge Room

Hodge Podge Room? None of our furniture is a set. It's all pieces collected and thrown together over the years. Would we like a bedroom set? Of course. When that windfall comes our way, we will certainly update. (said tongue in cheek) So with it being a mash up of things, I wanted a luxurious feel. I used soft neutral colors for a pallet with crystal and metals for accents. I also didn't want to overdo the girl factor since I share a room with a boy.

Wall color: Granite Dust from Valspar. Originally I had Behr's Fresh Day picked out but the color didn't take properly even after primering the dark tan walls and ceiling.



View to the left
View to the right



Used to have a space ship fan. Replaced it with this chandelier from Lowes.


Braeden's chest of drawers. Now he shares it with Brandon. Mirror from Home Depot on sale for $14. Candle holder on wall a honeymoon present from Sister's Oregon we scored for $12. A picture from BB&B to remind us of the beautiful Oregon coast. It took me 12 years to appreciate the Oregon coast. Guess it took me that long to forget what warm weather beaches were like.
Knobs from Lowes

No comments:

Post a Comment