It is not often that poetry speaks to me. Most of the time I find it tedious or not applicable to my life. I found myself happily surprised when this poem did a pretty good job of summing up my daily reminder for fine tuning my character. Motherhood does a fantastic job of keeping us from puffing ourselves up too much. Usually when I am basking in something going so well, it is interrupted within seconds with unpleasantness upsetting the delicate balance. Is there another job in life that leaves you constantly unsure of yourself? The stakes are high. The rewards are high.
Oh give me the patience when wee hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle smiling eyes.
Keep my lips from hasty replies.
And let not weariness, confusion or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys.
So when, in years to come when my house is still
No bitter memories its room may fill.
Wish I could tell you who the author is, but alas, I cannot.
I found it on pinterest.
No comments:
Post a Comment