April 21, 2014

May or May Not Monday

May or May-Not Monday: Where you can divulge the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure. So go on... own up. I may have...

I may or may not have made the great announcement about needing to paint the laundry room in four days. Hours after that pronouncement, I developed a fever and still have a fever with a day and a  half to go until the window for painting closes with the delivery of the washer. I may or may not have an ongoing debate in my head as to whether I should just suck it up and get painting or do the smart thing and rest. I am happy to say that at this moment I am growing as a person and realizing I have nothing to prove and the rest choice is coming out on top. May that growth continue.

I may or may not have a period of time in the day where I scour facebook, blogs, my e-mail account & pinterest just looking for some adult interaction. It's usually the dullest time of action on the internet too. The afternoon. Apparently people have a lot more things going on in their life than I do. And for those hours when my children are entertaining themselves in the playroom and having a beautiful childhood, I am left bored and feeling invisible and screaming inside, "Please somebody interact with me!"

I may or may not be feeling this more since I've been sick with three different viruses in just the last month and have no energy to do anything else. I may or may not be under the impression that the adage "when it rains, it pours" applies to sickness. I went 8 whole months without the slightest sniffle even with putting my oldest little in school. And once that 8 month mark came and the sickness entered my body again, it hasn't regained enough strength to fight off the next germ encountered. 

And I may or may not keep asking my husband if he thinks that people get sick with viruses more often than when we grew up. Questions get thrown at him like "Do you think more viruses exist with mutations and strains?" "Do you think that the world mobilizing exposes us to more sickness?" "Do you think that more kids in day care than 20 years ago spreads germs faster?" "Who do you think I could ask for an expert answer?" You can see that I ask a lot of questions. My momma thinks that my little's ridiculous amount of questions is payback for what I put her through. She may be right. Luckily, living in the age of information I am able to get them their answers. If any of you have even one answer to my questions, please put me out of my curiosity.

The sun has moved into position in the sky that in the evenings my entire kitchen/living room area is lit up for every flaw to be seen. I may or may not have discovered that I have an area of snot smeared on the living room wall only to be seen in the evening sunlight. It is the work of my littlest little. It's also the time of day that every speck of dust and crumb comes on display on my floors and furniture. It's a time of day I try to avoid or just close the curtains to not have that glaring reminder of the daily mess that can never be conquered. 

My littlest little may or may not have darted into the main drag of our neighborhood that was double lined with parked cars, without evening looking for cars. No mere miss occurred. This may or may not happen nearly every time we go anywhere and I may or may not be left wondering why errands are extremely stressful with him leaving me with a frantic feeling and a tight chest. We work on stopping and looking both ways -- with eyes open and yet there is must be a flap in his ear canal that must shut anytime my voice is giving instructions.  I may or may not entirely wish that he saw me in this light: the "She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed. She has an inconvenient habit of making you realize that she is exactly right, and that you would be all kinds of a fool if you didn't take her advice. You feel that what she thinks to-day you will think to-morrow." (L.M. Montgomery in Kilmeny of the Orchard). I fear this will never be for either of my littles. It may just be part of the job description as a mommie of small children to be made to feel to be a fool and incompetent.  

On a side note: read L.M. Montgomery. Her books are fantastic escapism to a bucolic life filled with beauty and simplicity, especially her Anne books. 

I may or may not have witnessed a fight one morning in my kitchen between my husband and oldest little. I may or may not have just stood back and watched. Any guesses as to what could cause such a row? Yup, vegetables. My husband had a bag full of veggies for his lunch and my little demanded they be his for his school snack. The parent stood his ground and refused his demand and said "Get your own vegetables! These are mine!" Squabbles, such as these, may or may not be commonplace around this house.

I may or may not have had a back curl stuck up on the top of my head all throughout church and I had no idea. That was even after I shook my curls and ran my hand through my curls to tame them multiple times before leaving the house. And I was fortunate enough to not be sitting in the back row so there was a audience to my #778 curl hair problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment