May or May-Not Monday: Where you can divulge the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure. So go on... own up. I may have...
I may or may not have sleeping trouble every time my husband is out of town. Sadly, he is commonly out of town. Last week meant zero sleep because I just couldn't get settled. This week meant I had a little share my bed. Constant kicking me and attempts to launch himself off the bed. In his bed he sleeps vertical, in mine horizontal.
I may or may not have been told that I failed as a parent because the yogurt wasn't vanilla, but banilla. Banana and vanilla mixed together. Tricky marketing for those who don't pay quite enough attention pulling it off the shelf.
I may or may not have missed my littles' big art show and presentation. My little missed it too because it fell during our homeschool time and I failed to check the classroom website for the week. Never mind that a word was never spoken about said art show. My mom powers are just supposed to know those things.
I may or may not have paid my $10.70 library fines for the movies being late during Spring Break only to rack up $5.70 more the next day for three books being late, also from Spring Break. Books take longer to send reminder emails than movies. I did a lousy job of managing my library life while soaking in the sun in Palm Desert.
I may or may not have forgotten to bring my littles food to soccer practice. It's back to back practices. I called my husband to see if he was going to make it to practice and if so bring snacks. He lovingly said, "you focus on the one thing you did wrong and not the everything else you did right." Yes, but this one was a big screw up because all I will hear for the next two hours is how much of a screw up I am from my hungry littles. He did save the day and make it to the last ten minutes and arrived with snacks, but the complainers said it wasn't enough to satisfy their hungry tummies.
I may or may not have gotten my house all ready for a play date only to find out it was the wrong day. And not close enough that my house could stay presentable without a lot of work. So again I will be scrubbing my house and spending over an hour picking up the playroom. Though it will have to wait until tonight because it's supposed to be 78 today!
No comments:
Post a Comment