March 31, 2014

May or May Not Monday

May or May-Not Monday: Where you can divulge the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure. So go on... own up. I may have...


Spring Break may or may not have looked like this.

I may or may not have been informed that it was my job to clean it all up. 






It may or may not have also looked like this: movie after movie and game after game played on the leappads. 

It may or may not have involved staying in our jammies for four out of the five weekdays while we hid from the rain and recovered from sickness. 




I may or may not have used salted butter with pistachios in a muffin recipe. WAY too salty. Apparently this is a time unsalted versus salted matters. 

I may or may not have purchased a rain gauge. I live in a desert, but I'm sick and tired of having my weather measured almost an hour away from my house. This week the rain measured here and at the airport are the same 0.6 inches.


Remember these?

Apparently my husband and oldest little think that it is far more exciting to pelt each other with them than use them for reading games. My littlest and I may keep getting caught in the cross fire. Tears may have been drawn by the littlest little getting repeatedly hit with the ping pong ball thrown as hard as their dad can possibly throw. And I quote, "What's the fun if I can't throw them hard???" Tactics vary: one throws one at a time as hard as possible. The other throw five or six at a time like shrapnel. 

Day Two: The littlest little joins in the fun and I am the one in tears from my husband pelting me in the back with one as hard as he could leaving me with a giant welt I still have 5 hours later. These are times living with all boys is both fun and hard. 

War Three: my littlest little may be saying "Hooah" every time he throws it. The Army in me may be very proud. The mommie in me says, where the heck did he learn that language?? We say nothing of the sort in this house.



Spring Break may have ended this way


My laundry room window

1 comment:

  1. Aw, it sounds like you had fun in spite of the sickness! And those tulips are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete