March 15, 2015

May or May Not Monday

May or May-Not Monday: Where you can divulge the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure. So go on... own up. I may have...

I may or may not have been making a big deal of telling my little and husband to watch out for the spiders while we disturbed their nests weeding only to find myself bitten by one.

I may or may not be crazy frustrated with the absurdity of common core math. Homework has to be redone this weekend. Did he get the answers wrong? No. Did he do the correct model? Yes. He just didn't break it down to the smallest of small steps. Apparently you cannot make a number line and show minus 12 to get the answer. You have to say minus 10 and then minus 2. And for minus 7 you have to show minus 5 and minus 2.  

I may or may not have lost a bunch of sleep this week due to a horrific murder of a family in our bucolic community this week. There hasn't been much information shared about what happened and why, but Friday afternoon the sheriff tweeted that we could all feel safe again and sleep peacefully again. So I guess I should take him at his word. 

I may or may not have found myself contemplating how the world goes on even in the midst of tragedy.

I may or may not have put the tulips I've been nursing for a week or so into the ground this week. Thanks to the pineapple express weather pattern we have been blessed with a ridiculously early spring! And why not delight in the blessing of it? For come summer all we are going to hear about are wild fires and water shortage.

I may or may not have forgotten to bring shot records and birth certificate for the kindergarten registration. In my defense there was nothing in the packet or any other notifications or reminders that those documents were needed. And we will have the explanation again that my kids got their shots in Oregon and we were told that was all they needed. Idaho requires more than what we have. Another thing that every medical person I ask, has no answer for the discrepancies. 

I may or may not have purchased Hanes tank top undershirts for jammies for the littles. I washed them before use and they came out doll sized! Has anyone else had that happen?

I may or may not be at a complete loss as to why my blueberry muffins 3 out of the 4 times have turned out looking like this sunken mess. The first time I made them they were glorious. A lemon blueberry muffin deserving a place on pinterest. However, these are a delicious mess.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment