November 22, 2015

May or May Not Monday

May or May-Not Monday: Where you can divulge the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure. So go on... own up. I may have...

I may or may not have gone to Old Navy with a 50% off total purchase coupon by myself to get some Christmas shopping done. I leave to shop by myself once a year, maybe twice. I left the boys raking up the ridiculous amount of leaves that rightly land in our yard and the rest that are blown in from surrounding yards. On that wind note, our neighborhood fb page had a post about a winter jacket flying away and be on the lookout for it. We get serious wind out here. While perusing the store, I received pictures and videos of a ladder being involved with the leaf raking. My little needed to put his leaves on the top of the pile, hence the need for a ladder. Then came the idea to climb and jump off the ladder into the giant pile of leaves. Absolute delight was had by the littles while my heart plummeted. When Mom's away, the boys will play? Yikes. No children were harmed in the making of the videos. 

I may or may not have become a Christmas shopping lunatic this week. One more to go!! Though now I have to store them all for a month. Who has that kind of space? We don't. It's hanging out in my laundry room which seems to be my catch all space. Ergo always a mess. 

I may or may not have paid my library fines with food bank donations. $6 of fines with $20 of food. While telling my husband what I gave, it came to my attention that his box full of Thai Kitchen Garlic & Vegetable Instant Soup was not okay to give away. The next day the box of his soups was on the top of the pile and twice I walked by and said I could just take it back. It was on the third pass that I mentioned my dilemma to a close and great librarian friend. A great friend who encourages rogue behavior! So with the encouragement to take from the poor to make my husband happy, out came the box full of soup packets and into my pantry they sit again. I have one happy husband who smiled and thanked me; and a feeling that I may or may not need to do penance for my black heart. 

I may or may not have shocked the librarian (one that works at the library and not my great close librarian friend) by meeting the 100 checkout limit and needing to use a second account to get everything our greedy eyes wanted. She said, "Whoa! I've never seen that happen before!" To which I replied, "Ah, I do this at least six times a year. We read a lot." To which I received an eyebrow raise. 

My garage may or may not be still decorated for a birthday party. The birthday party happened on Veterans Day. Mostly because we used tape and it's not high on my list to find out if the paint's coming off with the tape. Not a project I want to take on right now. When will the shame kick in and make the paint project chance become worth finding out? Well, it wasn't this weekend. Maybe next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment