May or May-Not Monday: Where you can divulge the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure. So go on... own up. I may have...
I may or may not have been having a fine day cleaning my kitchen with the normal everyday chores when I came across something in my stove top that looked like charred pasta - tiny bits. I examined it a bit and thought okay pasta was made yesterday. Next comes sweeping the floor and lo and behold more tiny charred bits of pasta that I am now certain is mouse poop. Mouse poop that touched my bare fingers while cleaning. Disgust and anger immediately fill my body. Disgust is easily understandable. Anger because we dropped $350 for bait stations to be placed all over our house. $350 should be enough not to have mouse problems. Thus began the loss of my sanity and the deep clean process that I certainly was not planning for my day. I was so upset I couldn't find the headspace to blog. So I missed the Monday deadline because of an unwelcome mouse visitor that I want to think behaves like all the cute mouse stories I read to my kids but I know better. Disease, rodent, filth, destruction characterize real mice.
My kitchen may or may not smell strongly of peppermint since ehow said it deters them. They better be right. I don't think I can win the fight gracefully against the mouse.
I may or may not have been on my way to frost bitten toes after my hour walk to the post office in 15* weather. Two days before I managed twice as long with the littles and we were fine. The temp was in the 20s so apparently my -40 snow boots fail me below 20*. I have found some boots online with a -148* rating. I hope they do the trick because I'm rather fond of my toes working and being out in the cold.
The littles received Battleship Star Wars edition for Christmas. Star Wars isn't tolerated much in the house. My little who has never seen it hates it because that's all the boys talk about and it's boring. The same thing happened with Frozen. Apparently I have a little who isn't interested in pop culture. Fine by me. Needless to say, my husband and I may or may not have battled each other sinking ships far more often than the littles. I love the game! Though refuse to use the Star Wars fleet pieces. They are bulky and I don't know what they represent.
We introduced Narnia to the boys this weekend. See LOTR and Narnia are our kind of fantasy. They loved watching The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe. The littles were cheering during the battle scenes while this Momma may or may not have had tears running down my face during them. Children and battles elicit tears, always have. Always will.
This may or may not have whet my appetite for Lord of the Rings. That and the mouse droppings making me crazy and sad. We popped in the Fellowship extended version - because there is no other acceptable way to watch it. I calculated the last time I watched this - yes I not we, for I am the Tolkien junkie. It's been over 8 years. What happened? Babies happened.
And I will leave you with this: the pirate Christmas school play. Cause pirate definitively come to mind for Christmas. A refresher in case you've forgotten the earlier tidbits of my life- my little skipped school because he couldn't handle anymore practice for this play. So how'd it go? Standing in the front row. A little singing. A little yawning. Zero arm movements. Lots of playing with the pirate waist sash. Five public Merry Christmases from the staff. And one giant Christmas tree. And one husband came and saved the other little and me from very bored, we hate this stuff attitudes.
No comments:
Post a Comment