May or May-Not Monday: Where you can divulge the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure. So go on... own up. I may have...
I may or may not be in mourning. It's been a tough week. Y'all my chacos died. My original 2001 chacos that have been on my feet and everywhere with me in the last 15 years. Even walking down the aisle. No one saw them unless I wanted them to. Oh they've been in rough shape on the soles for a few years. But the kiss of death came this week when it cracked up the side of the sole. If I grip with my toes and limp, they still work. But really it's all over to my green strapped beloved chacos. And that makes me sad.
I may or may not have loved when my little was very concerned about Venus being sick. He was relieved to hear it was a tennis player not the planet.
I may or may not have decided to try our luck with getting cheaper and bigger quantities of fruit and veg at the farmers market. The prices were the same or more. This is not what I remember from living in the land of bounty. Perhaps this is desert prices? Chime in here.
I may or may not have things falling off our walls. It's like the walls spit the nails and screws back at us. I'm done with you! Three curtain rods, five pictures ( not at all heavy), and the latest is a large picture in my bedroom. Just fell and is still resting because summer weather is not to be wasted on mounting pictures back to their wall place.
I may or may not collect dead bug specimen in perfect condition. Don't you!? My collection consists of a beautiful moth and a grasshopper. Only the grasshopper disappeared after a month. Where where did it go? And what got him?
I may or may not have finally googled how to clean my crock pot after years of hand washing it fail. Yes you read that correctly, years. Go right ahead and feel better about yourself!
I may or may not have mistakenly left the hose running on a struggling patch of grass for 27 hours. Apparently that's what it takes to revive grass in the mountain desert. I thought my husband would be angry but he is thrilled I fixed it. Patting myself on the back now folks.
I may or may not have seen my monsters break a stairway spindle from climbing up the stairs the only acceptable way children can and heard don't tell momma she'll be really angry. Let's tell dad. I told them they had it backwards and they are still alive because I've yet to reveal the secret. Though be not surprised to hear bad news next week now that the secret is out.
I may or may not have finally cashed in my husband's bday present from last year, three weeks before his bday this year. He wanted a tulip tree. I said it had to be columnar. We finally found one. He wants another tree for this year. I went right ahead and found him one a week early to kinda sorta make up for last year.
I may or may not have received an offer in snail mail for a five night six day stay at the Sheraton resort in Kauai. Dream right!? All for $698. Read the fine print and the price is $950 after taxes and fees. Okay still not a deal breaker. Plane tickets would be $3,000. So 4,000 if we didn't eat is starting to dampen that dream very quickly!! Our airline miles are with southwest who doesn't fly to HI.
I may or may not have taken the attitude that buying pants didn't suck when five pairs didn't fit and looked awful. It's not me, it's them is my new motto after reading a bunch of articles lately about body image.
I may or may not have realized I have to take control of my back pain with doing my physical therapy exercises daily because my posture is terrible. I have a bulged disc between my shoulder blades and it takes the pressure off to hunch my shoulders. But this is not doing me any favors.
We went to an observatory this weekend and they showed a film of comparison of size of things in the Universe. We (Earth) is Whoville from Horton Hears A Who. My mind is blown.
There were also scorpion hunts happening at the observatory. It may or may not have panicked the littles. I reminded them that this is why we always shake out our shoes before putting them on. I thought they understood this. Apparently not.
No comments:
Post a Comment