May or May-Not Monday: Where you can divulge the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure. So go on... own up. I may have...
I may or may not be house bound most days lately due to air quality. We are currently in smoke season. It trumps summer because we are not doing the normal summer activities like sweating and swimming. One of the best things I discovered this week is that my smart tv is smart and actually streams the internet. Our old one didn’t. Enter our weekend of streaming Christmas movies non stop from Hallmark. I find there are a lot of teaching moments in these movies for my littles. Is your main goal in life to find a spouse? Should you walk away in the midst of a disagreement and misunderstanding with your future intended? Are streets and sidewalks plowed pristinely in the winter? Are high heels the appropriate shoes to wear walking in the snow? Is every story summed up with an engagement and kiss? Should you give half your business away for free when you need funding? See huge life lessons.
I may or may not have received along with the rest of my neighborhood a letter from our local government about fees being charged to new construction going up from $3,197 to $3,200. None of us have new construction. Why government why did you just spend all this money to send 1,500 unaffected people these notices?
I may or may not have sent my boys down the hill to a free toys sale from a family that’s moving to pick up toys to keep them entertained during our confinement. Today has mostly been spent melting crayons and forming new ones with swirly colors. And yesterday and Saturday in a melt n’ mold factory they picked up. We call this the neighborhood perk because this neighborhood has in house pricing and then much higher Craigslist pricing. We are more than willing to give away or sell at an extreme discount to one of our neighbors but if you’re from out of the hood there’s a separate price.
I may or may not have been surprised to find out my littles didn’t remember the movie Cars. The other two yes but not the original that we must have seen thirty times when they were little little. We watched it tonight and they saw it as if it was brand new. While my darling husband and I quoted it and laughed and laughed. That is one clever movie.
I may or may not think the weather service is bored and just drumming up a crisis by issuing a heat advisory warning this week. Uh it’s hitting 102 -104 this week - panic because it’s only been hitting 97-103 every single day since the 4th of July. They’re telling us not to leave our kids or pets in the car. Was it okay to do that the rest of the 27 days this month it was just as hot? Not asking for a friend, this is silly.
I may or may not be contemplating buying an owl to place on my patio to keep the birds from pooping all over my outdoor furniture. And another on my fence where the voles are sneaking in my yard from my neighbors’ yard. But my birding children would be devastated if I sent the birdies away. Particularly the 40 quail that migrate through our yard. I’m also wondering where the heck all the snakes that are usually terrorizing us are with this abundance of vole food. Gah, nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment