May or May-Not Monday: Where you can divulge the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure. So go on... own up. I may have...
I may or may not be feeling like there’s always something, some injustice, that I need to go to bat for. It feels like it’s something new every day. I really don’t think this has always been the case. It feels particular to this season in life. Is this just special to me or are you feeling daily there is something that needs defending or advocated?
I may or may not be enjoying the mild daily highs but struggling with two different outfits required for the day. Sweaters and pants til noon then immediately tshirts and shorts to survive the afternoon. Winter and summer all in one day. It’s driving my littles crazy too.
I may or may not have fallen in love with the book 84 Charing Cross Road. Then my whole family fell in love with it through the movie with Anthony Hopkins and Anne Bancroft. I think it was inspiration for The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. There were so many similarities and shared references. Read it! I know you’ll love it!
I may or may not have read an article for homeschooling parents telling them they aren’t enough unless they are daily doing drills and pushing through the curriculum. It was meant for motivation to be consistent and I am trying to take the criticism constructively to not fall into the trap that I have it all figured out and dialed in. We are still finding our new rhythm and with each year added education responsibilities and I am just trying to be open instead of stodgy in my beliefs.
I may or may not have cooked shrimp last night and the smell is still lingering! I’ve washed everything in my kitchen - everything. Air purifiers on full blast, oils diffusing to clean the air, and a jug of vinegar in my kitchen. What gives? This hasn’t happened before. My darling husband said the same thing when he reheated it at work. Super stinky shrimp??
I may or may not have fallen over hard trying to divide a giant overgrown perennial. The roots where so thick the shovel stuck and me jumping on it ended with me flying through the air and landing on my side. Thankfully the grass was forgiving. I gave up my quest and passed it on to my darling husband who also struggled and almost ended up on his rear. My division of it may have ended its life. We’ll find out next spring.
I may or may not have written up a post in my head about 9/11 from this Brat’s perspective and neglected to peck it out on my phone. By 9/12 it felt too late. So maybe next year I’ll share my story with y’all.
No comments:
Post a Comment