October 21, 2018

May or May Not Monday

May or May-Not Monday: Where you can divulge the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure. So go on... own up. I may have...

I may or may not have had one the most memorable encounters yet with someone asking my kids where they go to school. The cashier was the happiest dancing jovial person we have probably ever met. Stopped everything and said wait, that’s a thing!? You just play games and sing songs and call it school. 🤣 
We use a curriculum. 
Oh well, back growing up in Africa my Dad used to punch me in the face daily for not learning enough at school. Said with a bright smile on his face while we looked at him with horror. 

I may or may not be hand washing dishes for the foreseeable future because the dishwasher stopped working and the fixer felt he was going to break the valve to shut off the water. The installer said the same thing five years ago but neither of us could remember how it remedy it. 

I may or may not have had another blood draw and dr appointment checking for cancer and a bacterial infection. I have neither but I’m now sporting black eyes for giving away too much blood in the last two weeks. 

I may or may not have discovered water with added electrolytes at Walgreens. Thrilled since I have to daily monitor my salts and can’t do Gatorade or Powerade or coconut water, I was sharing this gem with my darling husband. He says oh yeah those have been around for awhile. 
WHAT!?!?! 
guess I just didn’t think about you needing this. 

I may or may not have checked out another 50 new picture books this weekend because I had my mule to carry them again. While in the parking lot there were tens making out and moved their party into the back of the suv and I then declared to my darling husband that our children will only drive teeny tiny cars. 

I may or may not be amazed at the food being packed away by my littles. Where does it all go? I’d be obese if I ate like them. But I don’t run everywhere I go either. So maybe that’s the trick. 

I may or may not have tried to convince my family that I could be Dobby in our theme costumes. They looked at me in horror with the Dobby ears and demanded I be Hermoine. Fine. I won’t be weird this time. 

I may or may not have been going about my day letting the kids play and roam our property because it was such a glorious day for weather to find out that a mountain lion was caught on video in a yard just up the street from us.   But after the alert I just reminded my littles how to respond to them and we just kept going about as we were. 

I may or may not have been walking laps a few houses up and down with my darling husband at dusk when we heard the loudest coyote celebration over a kill we’ve heard in quite some time right on the backside of our hill. We were relieved the next day to see our new cat that visits us and is hopefully managing the vole population in our yard. 

I may or may not be disappointed that the leaves we dipped in beeswax are still deteriorating. I guess we didn’t dip thick enough.  Apparently if you decorate with cattails and bring them in your house, you also bring mosquitoes with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment